Saturday, July 25, 2009

209 Gin



Ok, I like Gin Martini's. My dry vermouth ratio is 5:1 and I prefer mine vigorously shaken then served up in a frozen glass with two olives that have not been pitted. I was never especially partial to a particular premium gin until I had locally made No. 209. It's a revelation! Here's what the bottle says: "In 1882 in Napa Valley the 209th distillery began creating award-winning spirits. This new 209 gin recipe, created with a Napa winemakers passionate attention to detail, is crafted with all-natural botanicals, rare ingredients, and is distilled 5 times. The lower quality heads and tails of each distilation are discarded & only the finest "heart" of each small, handcrafted batch is bottled." Most good Bay Area restaurants are now carrying it.

No comments:

Post a Comment